Sunday, December 12, 2010

He knew about today

I have a migraine. Woke up with it and it's continued to get worse. I've taken 2 naps and am wearing sun glasses indoors to dull the pain. I haven't had a headache like this in about 10 years. And I can't stop thanking God for His goodness. Sounds strange doesn't it? I just keep thinking that He knew this was going to happen. See, 2 months ago I took on a huge project. One of the most difficult things I've ever done. Completing this tasks includes learning a 500 page manual, completing 2 workbooks, and passing a 150 question test that only 67% of people pass. And as I said, I took this on with only 8 weeks to complete it all. So I have been cramming for weeks and I have come to the place where I have one week left. I have felt the stress of taking on a huge project that even I don't think I can complete. I have felt the frustration of wanting to enjoy holiday time but instead having to study. I have felt the discipline of fasting TV and giving up family time to accomplish this. Today was the deadline I gave myself to have everything done, because next week I have to study and practice. I did not want any reading left to do because I'm leaving myself only one week to actually learn what I've read. Yesterday I finished. Yesterday I finished the reading and filled out every page in 2 workbooks. One day early. And today I woke up with a migraine. I can't help but think how stressed I would be if I had not finished a day early. I keep thinking how behind I would be if I started tomorrow with more work. God knew I would be incapacitated today. And He made sure I had the push to do double work yesterday. Some of you may think, "Why didn't He just heal the migraine?" I don't know. Maybe it was because I needed a day of rest. Maybe I needed to stop everything and just rest; can't remember the last time I've done that. I don't know. I don't think like God. All I know is that He knew this day was coming and He brought me through. I have been behind every week, but suddenly I am caught up the day before I needed to be. He cares about every part of our lives. I havent asked Him to heal me today. I've just thanked Him over and over for being in control of my life. For meeting my needs. For working ALL things out for my good. We are instructed to "rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS."
Who rejoices during a migraine? I DO!

No comments: