Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I am growing more and more every day. I'm shocked at how many changes I am experiencing already! Today I was able to jog for 2 minute intervals! All I could do was thank Jesus over and over. I am amazed at how incredible our bodies are created. That after only a few weeks of walking and some effort, someone out of shape and weighing more than 300 pounds can jog for 2 minute intervals! God is wonderful!! Today I walked about 40 minutes and in that time I jogged 2 minutes spots 5 times. I am up to 10 minutes of total jogging!! THANK YOU JESUS! Figure this - on November 2 I began walking. I walked 1 mile the first day and 1.5 miles 2 other days that week. The week of November 9th I walked 1.5 miles Monday, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. The last 2 days I began jogging; 30 second intervals 3 times Thursday and 6 times Friday. A total of 3 minutes of jogging. That was the best I could do!!

The week of November 16th, I began walking all 5 weekdays and increased my jogging to 40 second intervals 6 times each walk. On Friday, I made it 7 times! Small steps and effort make big differences!! Last week, (Nov. 23) I started Monday with 45 second intervals 6 times and the last jog a full minute! The rest of the week I jogged 60 second intervals 7 times and increased Friday to 90 seconds a couple times!

Now for this week - I've increased my distance - I think I'm close to 2 miles now. Monday I jogged 90 seconds for 5 intervals and today I felt good so I pushed farther. Today I did 5 intervals of 2 minutes. YEAH!! Now if the heal spurs would just go away my life would be much easier!!

I'm enjoying this journey. Learning to find the little changes to help stay motivated. I know there is a long road ahead of me, but I'm making the most out of it!!

No comments: