Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Date Night

Had my date night with hubby last night.  It was fantastic!!  I was so tempted to eat at the restaurant, but I am so glad that we didn't.  We went to one of my fav Chinese restaurants and picked out everything we wanted.  I had to realize ahead of time, that I am worth spending a little money on occassionally and even if to go is more expensive than eating in, it is safer for me and easier to refrain from overeating.  SO, we got our food and for the 2 of us it was just a little over $40!  Not much  more than eating in AND we both have a meal left for tomorrow!!  If I didn't eat sushi it would have been much less, sushi was .75 each piece - but so worth it!

The restaurant we went to is at the Seminole Mall, so after we paid, we walked to the center of the mall and the place is almost deserted - the food court had one family that sit for a little while - and most stores were closed.  We sat and ate and talked and just spent time together.  I did want to keep eating, but forced myself to close up the boxes and stack them up.  Then we walked through some stores and headed home.

Since the whole point of this blog is to share my struggles as well as triumphs, I will share what happened next.  My husband stopped at a little store to get coffee and when he ran in, I grabbed the top box and started eating shushi.  I had eaten 2 pieces before I realized that I was not hungry and was simply eating to eat.  NOT GOOD!!! - Old behaviors.  I quickly put the box away and resisted the rest of the time.  I have no idea how many calories I've eaten, but it is the first time in my life that I've gone to an all you can eat restaurant and made it home without being stuffed.  I didn't even feel full!

Today, I was tempted to eat sushi for breakfast, but again I resisted.  I ate my normal Fiber Bar and then waited until I was truly hungry.  THEN, I ate my leftovers.  There was not enough for a third meal, so I ate everything that was left.  A little more than I should have.  I'm full right now and I try to never reach that point, although some of it is probably the water that I guzzled down afterward.  Watch the warning signs - if ignored they can lead to open doors and back to old behavior.  Just NEVER GIVE UP!!  Keep in touch - we can do this - TOGETHER! 

No comments: